Monday, November 9, 2009

We've Got a Big Boy... a Very, BIG Boy!

Katie was 7lbs 10oz at birth. She was a very average weight, average height, healthy baby girl. So, when the ultrasound tech announced at my 32 weeks appointment that Zach was also of average weight (6lbs 5oz) there was no shock.

Well, today was my 36 week appointment and I was schedule for yet another ultrasound. This time around the ultrasound tech kept measuring and measuring. Finally she says, "Well, I can't make him any smaller." "Huh?" I think to myself. "He's 8lbs." she says. EIGHT POUNDS! I still have 3 weeks left! How did this happen?! No wonder my belly has been so sore and I've received new, angry stretch marks. I have a mammoth growing inside of me! A little linebacker-in-waiting! This also explains the past month of restless nights with extraordinarily sore hips.

After the ultrasound tech, I go to see the OB. She clarifies, "He's not 8lbs. He is 8lbs. 10 oz." She then proceeds to feel around and measure things because they could have added or subtracted a pound from Zach's estimated weight. I'm tall, so she is thinking my belly will be all squishy and he'll be smaller. Wrong. My belly has been rock-like for the past few weeks. Not only that, my uterus is 3cm larger than it should be.

We've got a big boy in there. A very, BIG boy.

Here he is in all his 8lb 10oz glory!


I just want to squeez those cheeks and kiss those lips!

3 comments:

Kim said...

wow! those photos are so exciting! and good job on creating a healthy and strong baby boy! (Stace weighed 10+ lbs when he was born, and so did my big brother!)

The Miller Family said...

Tee hee hee. Levi came out at 9lb 12oz at 38 weeks, so I totally feel your pain! Those ultrasound pictures were ADORABLE! I can't wait to see pictures!!!

MA said...

WOW! You are a trooper Rachel... Can't wait to meet Zac :)