Saturday, April 16, 2011

King/Dicks Genes


Kaitlyn looks completely different than me or my siblings... or Jake and his siblings for that matter. But she does take after her Grammie. Although Grammie looked differently than Kaitlyn did at her age, she definitely favors that branch of the family. This theory was further confirmed when we met Grace this weekend.





Grace is Jake's cousin, or second cousin. I don't know how all of that works, but Anna is Jake's cousin, and Grace is Anna's daughter. They enjoyed playing with one another while visiting Grandma and Grandpa King. Grandpa showed the girls how to make their own cup of orange juice.


Now, I have grown up in Florida for the majority of my life and had never done this. But if you have a pocket knife and an orange tree, you'll never taste juice fresher than this!


Grandpa slices some of the peel off of the orange before cutting out a small, mouth-sized hole.





Then you gently squeeze the sides until the juice pools up into the small hole. Then you drink. Then repeat, until the deliciousness is no more.





And so they sat, squeezing and sippin', until we had to leave due to tantrums.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

Oh my gosh there are two Katies!! That first picture made me do a triple take! Wow, that is very cool :)