Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Death of a Dishcloth

In a previous post titled, "Little Chef" I mentioned Kaitlyn's new fondness for cooking; and how she especially enjoys "using" the stove. Well, earlier today during my art class, I kept having to wash my hands (we were using pastels) and I could never find the dishcloth. I kept walking around the house with wet hands searching for it. I knew I had seen her with it earlier. I figured she must have hidden it in her room. Then, while the oven was heating and Jacob came home, I noticed a strange smell. Then it hit me.... THE OVEN! (Also mentioned in the previous post, Kaitlyn's has tried baking blankets, books and stuffed animals) My lost dishcloth was nice and toasty, baking in the oven.
Make mental note: Must ALWAYS check the oven before use, or have serious consequences. My mother already taught me this lesson, but that is another story entirely.

3 comments:

The Miller Family said...

Oh my gosh, this is the funniest thing I've ever heard! In a kinda scary way! :o) What a little cutie! We have one of those little latches that you can out on anything...oven, fridge, dishwasher...whatever you want to keep them out of. They just attach with this adhesive stuff on the back. It's a pain, but at least I know John Morgan isn't going to come by and rip open the oven while I'm cooking dinner. Not that Kaitlyn does that...just sayin.

On a completely unrelated sidenote, do you guys still do storytime at the branch library?

Rach said...

No, we haven't done story time in a while. I always have a hard time juggling everything on Wednesdays. I don't even remember what time it starts.

Barbie and Craig said...

Funny girl!!! That's a great story... I am SO NOT OKAY with Porter eating his crib to death, but what can you do??? I would have been scared to death if I thought he was bleeding!!! Another great story...you have a very entertaining little girl!